Within this policy we explain how the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us may be processed by us. This policy conforms to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) legislation that has been introduced in May 2018. This policy applies to employees, sub-contractors, suppliers and other relevant third parties of Owen Pell Ltd.
Andrew Palmer, Managing Director of Owen Pell Ltd is the data controller. This means he will decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
What is personal data?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. Examples of personal data we may hold about you include your contact and appointment details.
How do we process and share your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the purposes set out below:
- To administer and manage payroll, pension, HR, accounting records and IT
- Completion of applicable training
- Completion of security forms and DBS checks if required
- To process purchase orders, tender documents, payments and receipts
- Health and safety measures, including accident reporting and next of kin information
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules, such as auto enrolment pensions
- Use of address to post monthly accounts statements, invoices, payslips and ad-hoc information
- Use of bank details to make payments of weekly/monthly wages and to pay suppliers/sub-contractor invoices
- Any adverse incidents to be reported to our insurers
- Processing of complaints
- Job applications and employment related reviews
- Information for regulatory bodies and accreditation certification
- Legal proceedings brought against the company or for any unpaid debt
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to any exemption under the GDPR, you have certain rights with respect to your personal data as set out below:
- Request access to personal information we hold about you and details of our processing of your personal information
- Request us to correct inaccurate personal information
- Request us to delete personal information in certain circumstances
- Receive your personal information in a format suitable for transmission to a third party
- Object to and/or restrict the processing of your personal information (including profiling) on certain grounds
- Lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office
For further details about these rights please see the Information Commissioner’s website.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact us:
Andrew Palmer, Managing Director at the Owen Pell office:
Telephone: 01432 353441
Fax: 01432 351051
For further details please see the GDPR Questionnaire held in the Owen Pell office.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Website: Information Commissioner’s Office
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.